Teach any CIE module : Russia, 1905–41, no prep needed!
Do you want to save dozens of hours in time? Get your evenings and weekends back? Be fully prepared to teach any CIE GCSE topic?
Every CIE topic is covered, and each module comes complete with:
History: Russia, 1905–41
In this module, the following topics will be covered in depth:
Key topic 1: Why did the Tsarist regime collapse in 1917?
- How well did the Tsarist regime deal with the difficulties of ruling Russia up to 1914?
- How did the Tsar survive the 1905 Revolution?
- How far was the Tsar weakened by the First World War?
- Why was the revolution of March 1917 successful?
Key topic 2: How did the Bolsheviks gain power, and how did they consolidate their rule?
- How effectively did the Provisional Government rule Russia in 1917?
- Why were the Bolsheviks able to seize power in November 1917?
- Why did the Bolsheviks win the Civil War?
- How far was the New Economic Policy a success?
Key topic 3: How did Stalin gain and hold on to power?
- Why did Stalin, and not Trotsky, emerge as Lenin’s successor?
- Why did Stalin launch the Purges?
- What methods did Stalin use to control the Soviet Union?
- How complete was Stalin’s control over the Soviet Union by 1941?
Key topic 4: What was the impact of Stalin’s economic policies?
- Why did Stalin introduce the Five-Year Plans?
- Why did Stalin introduce collectivisation?
- How successful were Stalin’s economic changes?
- How were the Soviet people affected by these changes?