Download What did Elizabeth I look like?
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- All students will develop an understanding of why it is so hard to establish what Queen Elizabeth I really looked like.
- Most students will establish how and why Elizabeth controlled her royal portraits so carefully.
- Some students will evaluate how English people really saw her.
Lesson Plan Snapshot:
Portraits are the gossip columns and photograph albums of the past – in an age before photography, radio, television and computers that provide images today. If you were Elizabeth I how would you make sure that all of your subjects could see who you were when they can’t see you? The answer is for a painter to produce a portrait.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on Elizabeth and her attitude to portraits & how she was perceived.