Download What should happen to Charles I?
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- The Royalist armies lost the English Civil War. King Charles was captured by the Parliamentarians and kept as a prisoner in Carisbrook Castle on the Isle of Wight in 1648.
- In August 1648 Charles I sent a secret communication to Scotland asking them to invade England and free him – but they didn’t stand a chance against the New Model Army.
- Parliament were afraid that if they left the king alive then people would try and free him again or he would try and escape. Could they afford for that to happen or should they remove the problem?
- To evaluate whether it’s appropriate for a country to judge a King’s actions.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on what should happen to Charles I.