8 replies to this topic

#1 daclarke1

daclarke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

Hi all,

If anyone is interested, I am creating a group on Edmodo to discuss and share ideas and resources for the new GCSEs from 2016.  Just been online for the AQA launch which was very interesting.  If anyone would care to join, please sign up at the link below:

https://edmo.do/j/6322e4

Regards,

David

Attached Files

#2 neil mcdonald

neil mcdonald

Neil McDonald

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

I use edmodo - trying it out this year. I like it and yes I think we could look at building up learning communities to support on resourcing and teaching. I suppose what the forum could do is look at building threads for each exam board so we don't cross examboards.

Bernard Woolley: Have the countries in alphabetical order? Oh no, we can't do that, we'd put Iraq next to Iran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernard Woolley: That's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I give confidential security briefings. You leak. He has been charged under section 2a of the Official Secrets Act.

#3 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Happy to help do that. Would it be a section for each exam board? What would you like?

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#4 neil mcdonald

neil mcdonald

Neil McDonald

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

Andrew,

I think it could be useful to do that yes. We could have one for each exam board and then threads or sub forums  for each unit/topic. If it was run like the seminars then, we could look at people including links to drop boxes, one drives etc to support resourcing etc.

Thanks

Neil

Bernard Woolley: Have the countries in alphabetical order? Oh no, we can't do that, we'd put Iraq next to Iran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernard Woolley: That's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I give confidential security briefings. You leak. He has been charged under section 2a of the Official Secrets Act.

#5 Pam C

Pam C

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

This is a great idea, I've joined. We're planning on doing Edexcel next year.

Thanks, Pam

#6 Stobbsy

Stobbsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

I have just signed up too, we are teaching this from this September due to a 3 year ks4 and there are several topics I have never taught so so I think this is a great idea, thanks

#7 MickCutler

MickCutler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

This is all new to me - have just signed up. Need to investigate what edmodo is but getting late so will save for tomorrow.........

We're teaching Y9 from Sept so looking around for inspiration to kick start my planning............

Every time I open my mouth, some damn fool speaks!

#8 Daniel Smith

Daniel Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

Echo Mick's thoughts - also starting in year 9 with the new AQA spec and looking for inspiration. Will certainly join the edmodo group

#9 daclarke1

daclarke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

Have now set up the Edmodo group and resources folder.  I'm also sharing on Dropbox - shoulod you wish to join, drop me a line with an email address...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: History, GCSE, Reform, 2016, Edmodo, Ideas, Resources, Sharing, AQA, OCR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users