#1 Chouan

Chouan

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Dear all,
I recently attended this conference, as I'm sure many others of you did. Unfortunately, I found that some of the workshops/presentations were rather frantic in their pace, with many of the PPT resources barely used. We were told, in those that I attended, that the PPTs would be made available on the HA website; but they aren't. Does anybody else share my unhappiness at this?

Edited by Chouan, 04 June 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#2 Becky S

Becky S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

Dear Chouan,

It is HA policy to ask workshop leaders for permission to publish their PPTs and other handouts. Sadly, you will be aware, this is not always possible for a variety of reasons. We are currently checking those permissions and will be publishing on our website http://www.history.o...sources_58.html as we receive them.

Please keep an eye on the website and thanks for your patience. 

#3 Chouan

Chouan

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

My point, however, is that, during the workshops that I attended, the presentations were very rushed and technologically challenged, with Ben Walsh's PPTs not working properly, for example. As such it wasn't easy to take notes and keep up with the presentations, and we were told that the PPTs would be available. Given the costs involved for the conference, as well as the costs incurred in travelling, accommodation etc. it does seem a bit much that the promises aren't seeming to be being kept.

Edited by Chouan, 05 June 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#4 Simon Ross

Simon Ross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

#5 Chouan

Chouan

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Except that the money came from my own pocket, not from my school. £350 for conference, travel and accommodation isn't a small sum to me.

#6 KSM

KSM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Did the session leaders offer an e-mail - they might be willing to send something on that way

Edited by KSM, 07 July 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#7 Chouan

Chouan

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

No, they just said that the resources would be on the HA's website. There are now 6 available, out of about 30 general and secondary workshops. I haven't even included the other activities.

#8 Alex Ford

Alex Ford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

I have uploaded various notes from the conference which you can get at http://andallthatweb.wordpress.com if that helps at all

Twitter: @apf102 @AndAllThatWeb
Web: www.andallthat.co.uk
Web: andallthatweb.wordpress.com

#9 Chouan

Chouan

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

Thanks very much. That would indeed be a great help. It doesn't deal with my annoyance at the HA though!

Edited by Chouan, 09 July 2013 - 07:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users