37 replies to this topic

#31 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

I've put a link to a free IoE Holocaust CPD course running in Sheffield onto the Northern History Network blog - they're running it in London too I believe!

There's also a recent link to a NAtional Archives Flicr project for the public to add meta-details to their Australasia photographs :-)

http://www.holmfirth....phtml?d=222468

:-)
DC

#32 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

The Newcastle one is on 14th February
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#33 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Just a quick heads up that

a) I'm updating the NHN blog as often as I can with interesting History Teacher-related links - including the HA and Russel Tarr's responses to Mr Men-gate

and

B) that the next NHN on 1st July features a workshop by Ben Walsh, and a short 'academic update' by Professor Paul Ward.

DC

#34 Simon Ross

Simon Ross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Sounds great. Any ideas of time or place? I'm based in Newcastle.

#35 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

We're down in Huddersfield - it will be actually at Hudd Uni 4-6pm (drop me an email via here and I'll be in touch) - its a fair distance but it would be great to have you along Simon!

Regards

#36 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Sounds great. Any ideas of time or place? I'm based in Newcastle.

Simon

I chair the Durham branch of the HA, I've tried to organise events for the past eight years, with various degrees of failure, for example the Regional SHP conference Michael Riley organised did not go ahead as we got just 5 deligates booking.

I'm working with a few organisations for the Great war centenary at the moment

DM me is you want my contact details

"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#37 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Simon - definitely give Tony a DM and get those connections going!  :-)

#38 Simon Ross

Simon Ross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Hi Tony, I've emailed the hotmail address on your profile as the DM says that you are unable to receive new messages. Best wishes, Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users