Photo
- - - - -

What would you look for in a new GCSE History website?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Liverbird

Liverbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

I am considering created either a website or app on some of the new History GCSE units. Note, I am a Computing, as opposed to History, teacher! What would YOU think is the better option for me to develop? Website (wider audience / more compatibility) or tablet / phone app (more interactive features) Also, what sort of resources would you like to see on a new History website / app? Quizzes, Games, self-marking tests, revision facts, video, past paper questions explained? What do you think helps you and your pupils the most? I am looking for answers to get me kick-started, on what will be a fully non-profit venture - Thanks

#2 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

I think you should do something along the lines of your splendid Liverpool site. I think something that will work across devices is always best. A long time ago I created revision pages for GCSE units and I felt these worked really well. Accessible notes, leading to revision quizzes and games leading in turn to further links.

Happy to reply further with additional thoughts.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#3 Liverbird

Liverbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:42 PM

Nearly 2000 views and one reply! Hmmm, I wonder what sort of market there actually is out there for this? Anyway 3-4 months on and I am (hopefully) 2/3rds of the way through making ks3historygames.co.uk Quizzes, puzzles and games around KS3 History topics. It's designed as simple fun, lesson starters, end of lesson 'rewards' that sort of thing. Any advice, praise or telling-offs welcome.

#4 Dave Wallbanks

Dave Wallbanks

• Admin
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

I've looked at your site and think it is already fabulous. There's a lot of really useful interactive activities that students will love. I'm looking forward to seeing the full site as it develops and expanding into other periods of history.
My only issue would be that it was difficult to get back to the home page from the Black Death activities. I'd love to see something like these activities on Jack the Ripper, World War One and Elizabethan England. I can see it's going to be excellent and have already tweeted the link I'd urge my colleagues to have a look as I think they will like what they find.
There is a light and it never goes out.
Go pray in my church!
http://www.nufc.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users