19 replies to this topic

#16 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

Wow - perfect!

The buttons at the bottom seem to toggle the tour on and off, as you say. It leaps from whatever location you've ended up at to where you previously left the tour. This makes it even more useful actually, allowing you to zoom in and explore sections and then auto-tour again.

Thank you so much for doing this. A great resource for all history departments to use.

I realise I'm asking more and more, but when you have time it would be great to expand the one where you have the various siege engines and other castle attacking tools. I like the way you have anchor points in those, enabling a student to explore them.

I imagine the way most of us would use these in class is that we'd study a specific castle from a map or overview - or even present day photos - and then look at the tour to see what it was like. The anchor points are useful as then there is something additional for students to explore and find out about.

Keep this excellent work up - thank you!

Edit: I suppose the only other thing that would be great is if we can tour the other models. We could then 'tour' the castles at different stages of development from Motte & Bailey right up to Edward I and beyond.

Edited by Andrew Field, 07 September 2005 - 09:40 PM.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#17 Mark Needham

Mark Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:04 PM

No problem. Orford Castle is now done, Bodiam and Castle Rising should follow in a few days.

As for the trebuchets, I need to work out the maths for the movement of the stones so I can animate them as well, or even move the camera along the same trajectory to hit the castle wall. That would be good...

#18 Mark Needham

Mark Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:28 AM

The automatic tour of Castle Rising is now done...

Click here for Castle Rising page

Then click on the VRML model in the top right.

If anyone is kind enough to add a link to my site please note that the main site is http://www.TimeRef.com and not http://www.TimeRef.org.

Thanks

#19 JohnDClare

JohnDClare

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:20 AM

These are just FANTASTIC, Mark.
Thank you so much.

#20 Mark Needham

Mark Needham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:06 PM

Here's a new castle. It's still in progress but if anyone wants to try it out and let me know what the speed is like. The model is the biggest so far and maybe too big for some older machines.

Caernarfon Castle

(http://www.timeref.c...caernarfon2.wrl)

Thanks
Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users