Not great, not awful. Bottom set Year 9s in last week of term,

#47 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Glad it went OK Louise. Ofsted changed their mind about coming to us... so I guess that means they're coming in the new term.

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#48 sandy

sandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

"Check my seminar on KS3 National Curriculum Assesements / Levels for all examples of feedback sheets."

Roy i am unable to find this .
can you point me in the right direction please

#49 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Its called KS3 National Curriculum Levels and is almost next to this thread in the seminars.
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#50 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Wow, wow, wow - I am blown away by how much work is here, it puts me to shame. We were given a notice to improve last term and have just had our preliminary visit, which they said was good, so things are on the right track. That said our yr 11 attainment isn't what it should be, so depending on when they visit we may still not be out of the woods. i really do not know how you get all this done, i have been struggling with work, being a new Dad and trying to get things in place for our next visit. I love the ideas here and they will save a lot of time, so thanks so much for sharing them.

Following our notice we spent a lot of time trying to sort our assessment and marking out, which we had, but the feedback from the last inspector was that they really want to see students engaging with what teachers have written. So we are now in the process of tackling this issue.

Part of me feel very worn down by the reactive approach we seem forced to take, withe the changes coming so thick and fast. before we have anything embedded, it seems to all change again. I am trying to seek ways to negate this but fear the pending curriculum change may just set us back to square one.

The chalk face has become a lot harder place to be in just my 14 years of teaching, the kids still make it worthwhile and the subject, but i am sick of meddling.

Thanks again Roy and everyone else who has shared.

Will

#51 Gwendoline

Gwendoline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

The issue of effective feedback is one that we are looking at in our faculty at the moment. One key way we are doing this is allowing students 5 minutes( longer if necessary) reflection time on our marking to allow them to react. It might be that you phrase your EBI ( or however you phrase your next steps/ targets) as an easily-achievable target i.e. re-write a paragrpah to show that you understand how the P.E.E model works, after you have made relevant comments in their text.

I did a bigger version of this for an observation and got an outstanding- they like to see the students doing something with the marking you have slaved over!

#52 j hewson

j hewson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Phrase "next steps" feedback as a question for the pupils. This will show that they have read your comments and can evidence that they have acted on feedback given.

#53 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I've deleveloped the attached pupil dialogue booklet for my GCSE students. They complete the relevant sections after each AFl past paper question.

The graph on page 2 is designed to get them to plot their results against their target base line.

If you look in my thread on Assessment For Learning in the seminar sections you can download all my MWH booklets that this is designed to accompany

Kind Regards

Roy :jester:

Attached File  AFL Pupil Dialogue Records 2.pptx   112.57KB   136 downloads
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#54 Jonathan Cussons

Jonathan Cussons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Good morning troops!!

It appears I have been missing (presumed KIA) from the forum for sometime.

I have a new job and lo and behold we have been OfSTED-ed. Not looking pretty, as we await the official report.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for re-sparking my fire for teaching and producing great materials to help me get through.

I have slightly adapted the Student Information Mat for my own use - and the idea (it seems is going to be disseminated whole school). It is in PowerPoint format and all of the textboxes are ready to go.

I will upload later, when I get a spare 30 seconds (and I have anonymised it)

Regards, and keep smiling!!

Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

Follow @CussonsHistory

#55 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:45 AM

Hi Folks,

Please find attached a CPD document that I used the other day within my faculty.  Its based on a seminar that Keith Olds and I deliver for the NASUWT on surviving Ofsted.  Feel free to adapt and share.

My school also uses a really useful app called Seating Planner.  It downloads all your Simms data into an easy to use seating planner that removes the need to have pages of data in your active learning file.  It also updates automatically. Ofsted love it!

Kind Regards

Roy :jester:

Attached Files

#56 Stewart Hogg

Stewart Hogg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

Roy - ive just seen this and am looking for the app...can't seem to find it online this (long week :pirate:) do you have a link at all.

Cheers.

Stewart

#57 Dave Wallbanks

Dave Wallbanks

• Admin
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for this Roy. I've copied it and forwarded it on to all my department. It's perfect. 
The seatingplanner app is on the android play store! I've looked but not bought it yet.
There is a light and it never goes out.
Go pray in my church!
http://www.nufc.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users