• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ryan dc

ryan dc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Has anyone been using ibooksauthor   to create multi touch books for the iPad? I really like it and the students seem to find the touch textbooks much more motivating so if anyone else is using it I'd like to share ideas.

I've have had a go at making a (free)  Year 8 text on the impact of the French revolution on Java   https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-just-king/id583683443?mt=11 

It's still really a draft but any comments/criticisms welcome

I'm just finishing off another free Yr 7 one on the Norman Conquest which has a lot more interactive elements. If anyone is interested in it I'll post the link here as well once it's on the apple online store.

#2 DaveStacey

DaveStacey

Long-term Member

• Admin
  • 957 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hi Ryan,

What a great idea- I'll have a go at downloading and having a play with them. 

Do you need an iPad / iPhone to read them - if I'm honest that's the thing that's stopped me really playing with them. Do your students have access to these devices in the classroom?

D

#3 ryan dc

ryan dc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

Hi Dave,

At the moment I think you do need an iPad but I think the new apple os updates coming later this year will mean you can access ibooks on macbooks/imacs. What that will mean with regards to the multitouch elements of the books I'm not sure!

At our school, there are ipads in the library but we're effectively BYOD. For the few kids without an ipad (typically our korean students who like me use Samsung) I make pdf versions which unfortunately does mean a lot of the features are lost. I'm sure Samsung will come up their own version of iBooksauthor at some point.

The norman conquest one for year 7 is now on.

https://itunes.apple...669113193?mt=13

All suggestions/comments welcome. 

Edited by ryan dc, 30 July 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ipads, ibooksauthor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users