• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 missdaniel

missdaniel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:37 AM

Morning all, just wondering whether anyone has had any issues with their GCSE Edexcel Unit 1 International Relations results? Ours are significantly down in comparison to the other units, for example students obtaining 98, 100 on units 2 and 3 and 41 on Unit 1? TIA

#2 neil mcdonald

neil mcdonald

Neil McDonald

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

I've just done some analysis on my results and yes - we are scoring lower in Unit 1 which is odd. It is not all students but a number of them who did better in Unit 2 and 3. The average is about 5 marks from the other lowest scoring unit.
Bernard Woolley: Have the countries in alphabetical order? Oh no, we can't do that, we'd put Iraq next to Iran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernard Woolley: That's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I give confidential security briefings. You leak. He has been charged under section 2a of the Official Secrets Act.

#3 missdaniel

missdaniel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:52 AM

I know traditionally for us this was a lower scoring unit but when I've done some detailed analysis, over half of the cohort have got between 20 and 60 less UMS on this unit in comparison to their other two units. A lot of these students are very conscientious, hard working students who I know will have carried out a great deal of revision! I'm going to put an enquiry in with the board and see where I get, very disappointed!

#4 Matthew J

Matthew J

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

Analysis of our results shows that the average UMS score was 10 marks lower on paper 1 in comparison to the other two papers. This isn't a surprise as our students traditionally score lower on this unit, and I feel that the Cold War topic is the most difficult out of the three.

We also had four students who scored significantly lower on paper 1 in comparison to their other two exams. I intend to have these papers re-marked.

#5 missdaniel

missdaniel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for that Matthew. We have put a sample of 16 papers in for remark however I could have selected around 80 where there was a significant difference between paper one and the other papers. I'll post and let you know how we get on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users