4 replies to this topic

#1 Lucy Harris

Lucy Harris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

We had a guy in Jan 09 and have booked him again Jan '10 to come & talk to our Yr 11s about Medieval Surgery

His session timings are up to you - we generally have about an hour (depending on timetabling) - he comes into their lessons dressed as a barber surgeon with LOADS of surgical equipment & containers of all manner of herbal ingredients - it's great stuff - eg: he acts out trephining on a kid's head/shows how to extract an arrow using an Egyptian method - he really goes for it acting wise too - bit reminiscent of Brian Blessed?!

Chap's name is Kevin Goodman - I have contact details if you want to PM me - he's based in the W Mids & he comes to us in Staffs, so I don't know what his radius is for visits

But he is good & not expensive - we're severely strapped for cash at school & we can stretch to him - may even get kids to pay £1 each

Edited by Lucy Harris, 05 December 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#2 john bassett

john bassett

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

I'll second this Lucy, great guy and really engages kids - has a good reputation in the Midlands doing talks at local events as well historic days at castles as well as visiting local schools.

John

#3 Sarah D

Sarah D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

Based on recommendations above, we invited Kevin in today to talk to our Year 9s who are taking history next year. He was brilliant, and such good value for money. Really engaged the kids (and me!). The amount of stuff that he brought, and the enthusiasm that he conveyed to the kids was brilliant. Thoroughly recommend him.

#4 Debbie S

Debbie S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

could you send me his contact details please? :flowers:

#5 Sarah D

Sarah D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

http://bowsbladesand...d.com/id29.html

All details on his website. I did all my contact through email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users