The SHP Conference is just seven weeks away! Last autumn, when I was putting the programme together, it looked like we’d have a clear idea about the future shape of the curriculum by July 2012. How could I have been so naive? In view of the deafening silence from Michael Gove, we’ve re-jigged some of the plenary sessions for the conference. You’re in for a treat! Here’s the line up for 6-8 July:
- Richard McFahn and Neil Bates, Making GCSE history motivating, memorable
- Andrew Wrenn, Growing Remembrance: Designing for the future
- Ben Walsh Historical thinking in an information age
- Euroclio, Can history education go beyond borders?
- Ian Dawson, What did the Anglo-Saxons ever do for us?
- Chris Culpin, Forty years later: What do young people need from history now?
I hope you can join us.
For a full conference programme go to http://www.schoolshi...rrent/index.htm