Download Historical Key Skills: Cause and Effect
Do you want to save dozens of hours in time? Get your evenings and weekends back?
Our worksheet bundle includes a presentation and printable worksheets. Perfect for both the classroom and homeschooling!
Cause and Effect
This resource covers the concept of CAUSE AND EFFECT as used in several topics, including:
- First World War
- The Black Death
- The French Revolution
- Age of Discovery
- The American War of Independence
- 19th-century Crime and Punishment
- The Russian Civil War
- The Great Plague of London
The ‘why’ and ‘what’ of history are answerable with the concept of cause and effect. Historians use this concept to identify the causal relationships of events, both short-term and long-term. The use of cause (reason) and effect (outcome) in history requires great understanding and knowledge of chronology.
At the end of the module, students should be able to:
- Understand the concept and use of cause and effect in analysing a historical event;
- Be familiar with the different ways of presenting causal relationship; and
- Evaluate the significance of cause and effect in studying history.
- Understanding cause and effect
- Common mistakes in using causal relationship
- Establishment of a broader context
- Assessing cause and effect
- Ways of presenting cause and effect
- Practice assessment