- All students will investigate why people left Ireland in the 1840s.
- Most students will identify the emigration reasons as either ‘push’ or ‘pull’.
- Some students will utilise empathy skills to produce an effective story about the Irish Famine.
Moving abroad to live is a big step for many families. Today many people move abroad for a better way of life and it was no different in the nineteenth century. The main difference is that your family is not starving to death. What would your parents do if they had no jobs and no food? Would they make you move to a new country so that you might have a better life?
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the Irish Famine in the 1840’s.
- Use with The Irish Famine Lesson plan worksheet.