Download Irish Famine Lesson Plan
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
Moving abroad to live is a big step for many families. Today many people move abroad for a better way of life and it was no different in the nineteenth century. The main difference is that your family is not starving to death. What would your parents do if they had no jobs and no food? Would they make you move to a new country so that you might have a better life?
- All students will investigate why people left Ireland in the 1840s.
- Most students will identify the emigration reasons as either ‘push’ or ‘pull’.
- Some students will utilise empathy skills to produce an effective story about the Irish Famine.
Worksheet Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured information sheet and tasks on the Irish Famine.