After completing these activities students should be able to:
- Describe the types of defensive structures used in England shortly after the Norman Invasion.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in early Norman defensive structures.
Upon landing at Pevensey in 1066 one of the first things that William of Normandy did was order the construction of a Castle. The structure was a pre-fabricated wooden construction, brought on the boats from Normandy. The Bayeaux tapestry shows his men working on this early Norman castle.
- Aimed at Students studying at UK GCSE or equivalent
- Free to download
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured study guide and challenging questions.