Download Motte and Bailey Castle PowerPoint
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- To learn why William the Conqueror built castles in England.
- To understand how a Motte and Bailey castle was built.
- To learn about the defences of the castle.
- English people had never seen a castle. The Normans forced them to build over a hundred castles in Britain.
- The first castles built were Motte and Bailey castles. They were made out of wood and took one week to build.
- They had to be large and frightening to stop people attacking them. Castles they controlled the entire surrounding area. This meant that they were well defended by soldiers.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the introduction to castles in Britain built by the Normans.