Download Why did the English Build Castles in Wales
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
The building of Caernarfon Castle began in 1283 during the reign of King Edward I of England. The castle actually cost more than £27,000 which was a huge sum of money in those days – especially when you consider that the castle was in Wales and not in England.
But what were the English doing in Wales? And why did Edward want to build such an expensive building?
Use with Welsh castles cards.
- All students will learn why the English built castles in Wales.
- Most students will be able to rank reasons for Welsh castle building.
- Some students will reach a decision regarding the most important reason for castle building.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the building of castles in Wales.
- Utilise with Welsh castles cards.