Download Why Did William win the Battle of Hastings?
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- Aimed at Students studying at UK Year 7 or equivalent
- Free to download
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
Homework assessment focusing on why William won the battle. Challenges pupils to answer the following questions:
1. Give some details about the battle.
Where was it fought? Who was fighting? Why was the battle important?
2. William showed great skill before and during the battle. Explain the things he did that show this.
3. What mistakes did Harold make?
￼4. Harold was unlucky in several ways.
Harold might have won if he had been luckier. Explain the unlucky things for Harold.
5. Overall what do you think are the main reasons why William won and Harold lost?