Powerpoint Lesson Plan Snapshot:
- Appointed black people to high level jobs – Thurgood Marshall in the courts and Robert Weaver in his administration.
- Pressed for better Civil Rights Laws – assassinated before they were passed.
- Intervened using executive orders – sent federal troops to ‘Ole Miss’ to protect James Meredith.
- Personal pressure – pressed for escorts for the Freedom Riders.
Explain the impact of the Presidents through source analysis.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying at UK GCSE or equivalent
- Premium download.
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Source analysis task on the Civil rights movement.
- Use with other Civil rights movement worksheets and resources.