- Saddam Hussein, president of Iraq between 1978 to 2003, had the dubious distinction of being the world’s best known and most hated Arab leader.
- This was remarkable considering he lived in a region where despotic rule was the norm, he was more feared by his own people than any other head of state.
- A former Iraqi diplomat living in exile summed up Saddam’s rule in one sentence:
- “Saddam is a dictator who was ready to sacrifice his country, just so long as he could remain on his throne in Baghdad.”
- Few Iraqis disagreed with this.
- Although none living in Iraq would have dare to say so publicly.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on Saddam Hussein and his control of Iraq.