Download The Nature of the Armies (American Civil War)
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- Both Northern and Southern enthusiasm to sign up for the Civil War soon faded after fighting began.
- Men who joined the war at the start did not re-enlist.
- The South was forced to put conscription into place.
- The South was the first side to introduce Conscription as a way to boost up their army numbers.
- In April 1862 all able bodied males aged between 18 and 35 could be called up to serve in the Southern army.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the nature of the armies in the American Civil war.