Download US-Japan Foreign Relations A Level Revision Notes
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
July 8, 1853:
• Commodore Matthew Perry led four ships into Tokyo Bay harbour, seeking to re-establish trade between Japan for the first time in over 200 years.
• Persistent attempts by Europeans to convert the Japanese to Catholicism and their tendency to engage in unfair trading practices had led Japan to expel most foreigners in 1639. For two centuries, Japan limited trade access to Dutch and Chinese ships with special charters.
A Level Revision Notes:
- Aimed at Students studying across AS/A2 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Lesson notes on USA 1945-1968
- Use with other US History resources.
- Refresh your students memory with this handy revision file.
- Includes challenging questions