Download US Prohibition – Nation of Drunkards
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- Alcohol was a part of the American character from the early colonial times.
- European customs brought alcohol over to North America and along with it a double standard of drinking and masculinity.”Having a drink” became integrated into almost every American activity:
- Having a drink to steady one’s nerves;
- Buying someone a drink to get to know them better;
- Having a drink to warm up;
- Making a toast to celebrate a special occasion;
- Drinking when depressed… all sorts of reasons to consume alcohol.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the introduction of prohibition of alcoholic beverages in the United states.