Download USA and the Caribbean
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- In 1905 Roosevelt sent the US marines to the Dominican Republic to prevent European powers collecting debt owed to them.
- This was probably to actually protect US investment in the country.
- US warships were placed off shore.
- Marines were placed on shore.
- The Dominican Republic became a US protectorate in 1905 and continued to be so until 1924.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the USA’s involvement in the Caribbean up to 1920.