Download USA and World Relations 1840-1930
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
The relationship between the USA and major European countries went through a variety of phases between 1840-1930. There were a number of factors that influenced this:
- Traditional rivalries and alliances.
- The US Civil War.
- Commercial developments in the USA.
- America’s new position as a major player in world politics.
- The USA contained many ex-Europeans with their own traditional rivalries.
- American Irish disliked Britain.
- American Germans were still very loyal to Germany.
The USA was also quite hostile to European immigrants arriving in America – Ellis Island.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the USA & world relations between 1840-1930.