Download Work and Success of the United Nations (UN) Lesson
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
The aims of the UN were stated in the UN Charter of June 1945:
- To encourage peace and avoid war.
- To develop international co-operation.
- To encourage economic and social progress.
- To promote respect for Human Rights.
The UN has not been very successful in peace keeping. The Security Council has been stopped from taking firm action because of the right of veto held by permanent members and the Cold War conflict between the USA and the USSR.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across iGCSE or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the work and success of the UN (United Nations)