Download Decision of the Witan: Who Should be King?
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- Aimed at Students studying at UK Year 7 or equivalent
- Free to download
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
One of the biggest decisions that the Witan has ever had to take is who to make king when the old king dies. Think about the factors and the four candidates. Then give your decision, and your reasons.
– The decision as to who should be king lies with the Witan.
– You have to think about members of the Royal Family first, but you do not have to give the crown to one of them.
– You want England to be at peace.
– It looks as if several people might try to take the
crown by force.