Download Was it Fun to be a Nun?
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- To understand why some women became nuns and what their lives were like.
- To understand how nuns helped the rest of Medieval society.
It wasn’t just men who wanted to devote their lives to God in Medieval times. Women became nuns and lived in convents and nunneries following the rules of St Benedict, and lived lives similar to monks.
When monks weren’t praying they copied rare manuscripts and taught children how to read and write. There were not as many nuns as monks though and they did not really know how to read or write so they had different jobs than monks and priests.
So let’s take a look at how and why women became nuns and how they helped the rest of Medieval society.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on life as a medieval nun.