Bismarck’s successor was Caprivi. He was a middle-aged soldier with no experience of politics chosen in the hope that his uniform would give him authority and that he would completely obey the Kaiser. But Caprivi quickly displayed a will of his own and announced a ‘New Course’ for German policy. Caprivi wanted conciliation between the different political groups in domestic policy. He did not see any of the political groups as enemies in the Reichstag.
- Aimed at Students studying across AS/A2 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Lesson fact file on Chancellor Leo Von Caprivi.
- Use with other German Unification resources.
- Includes challenging questions.