- Between 1953 and 1963 Iran was quite poor.
- The gap between the rich and poor was growing.
- One of the great landowners was the Shah (king), Muhammad Reza Pahlavi.
- Another was the Shia clerical establishment, which had acquired land through religious endowments.
- Under the Pahlavi dynasty the Shah allied himself with secularists in conflict with Muslims who held traditionalist values on such matters as tobacco, alcohol, movies, gambling and foreign dress.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the background to the Iran War. Part 2 also available.