Download Reasons for Appeasement
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- The five most important reasons, however, were:
Some British people actually approved of Hitler’s policies.
- Oswald Mosley was the leader of the British Fascist League and was part of the British Upper Class and very influential
- Many people believed that the Prince of Wales (Edward) was a member of the party. He became King in 1936 but abdicated soon after
- Many Conservatives liked and supported Hitler’s strong, right-wing government
- Many people felt that events in Europe were not Britain’s business.
- Many British people wanted peace. The first war was not that long in the past
- Britain’s small army was too weak to go to war in 1938; needed time to re-arm
- Many British people agreed with Hitler that the Treaty of Versailles was unfair
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan focused around the reasons for appeasement in world war 2.