Download What was the UN and why was it set up
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
- To determine why the UN was set up.
- To establish the key features of the UN.
- To evaluate how effectively the UN was organised.
- By the end of WWII the newly victorious allies made a decision to set up a new world organisation that would replace the failed League of Nations.
- This new organisation would be called the UN.
- The United Nations was created in 1945!
- As of 1952 the United Nations established a permanent headquarters in New York where it still exists today.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the introduction of United Nations.