Download Why did the Tory Party disintegrate by 1830
Click the button below to download this worksheet for use in the classroom or at home.Download →
Lesson Plan Snapshot:
- It took all of Lord Liverpool’s conciliatory skills to keep his political party together.
- He had successfully managed to avoid the 3 controversial issues which would divide the Party: Corn, Constitution, Catholics.
- Yet the seeds of political division had been sown and the party was split on specific important issues.
- Free trade already started to threaten supporters of the Corn Laws and some party members began calling for Catholic Emancipation.
- To some extent it was only Lord Liverpool who was keeping the Tory Party together.
Powerpoint Lesson Plan:
- Aimed at Students studying across UK Year 7,8 & 9 or equivalent
- Premium resource
- Use as you wish in the classroom or home environment
- Structured powerpoint presentation and challenging tasks.
- Complete lesson plan on the demise of the Tory party.